Thursday, March 22, 2012

First Alert SA304CN3 Smoke Alarm with Escape Light

First Alert SA304CN3 Smoke Alarm with Escape Light
Price : $11.54
List Price : $21.99
You Save : $10.45 (48%)

Item Description


Amazon.com Product Description
Operating smoke alarms cut the danger of dying in a home fire by 50%, and that is important simply because a house fire begins just about every 83 seconds! The quicker you know about a fire, the quicker you can begin moving your family members outside. The Initial Alert smoke alarm with escape light not only alerts you to smoke and fire with a loud 85-decibel alarm, but also illuminates your path to safety. It uses ionization smoke sensing engineering with a new contemporary enhanced smoke gathering style. It also characteristics a low battery alert to remind you when to alter the battery and has a missing battery guard to assure that a battery is placed inside the alarm. The side battery drawer slides open for simple battery replacement. A blinking power indicator on the unit confirms that it is receiving power. The silence/test button permits you to each silence a non-threatening alarm and to test the unit's functionality. The alarm consists of an optional pin to lock the battery and unit in spot for tamper resistance. It can be mounted on either the ceiling or the wall and can be put to use in mobile homes and RVs. It contains one 9-volt battery and has a ten-year limited warranty. Replaces the old SA150 model. UL listed for security. Not permitted for sale in Oregon.--Bree Norlander
What is in the Box A single smoke alarm, user's manual, and one 9-volt battery
First Alert SA304CN3 Smoke Alarm with Escape Light

Client Evaluations


Years ago, somewhere I purchased a smoke detector with a built-in light (like this, in idea). Although (thankfully) we've never ever necessary to rely on it, I liked that it was there, so when we necessary to add a new detector, I looked for something equivalent. I chose this one partly based on the CR critiques of similar Initially Alert models, and partly based on availability and price here at Amazon.
The older detector has a quite vibrant light when I test it, and I was expecting a thing similar when I ordered this one (the SA304CN3). Well, this one's light is rather little by comparison and didn't seem terribly bright for the duration of testing.
Like anyone shopping for such an item, I attempt to think about potential scenarios. With no smoke, in a pitch black house, it would support, specially if the power is out. But 1 assumes there might possibly be smoke, in which case the light's range would be more limited. So I do not assume of it as "lighting the way out" all the way to the door.
Instead, I figure the presence of even this dim light in the haze might aid you find a stairwell (if you mount it there) which would get you that considerably closer to the exit. So, I'm thinking of it a lot more like a compact beacon than an actual lamp.
Other stuff: Initially Alert appears to have a situation writing clear instructions for mounting these points (I purchased two numerous FA models). To their credit, they give good guidance about where to place the detectors within the house. But right after that, they gloss over the details of measuring and drilling holes for the supplied wallboard anchors and screws, and stuff that some men and women may well require assist with.
And when some apparent stuff is barely mentioned, they go to substantial length about (for example) installing security pins in the base and the battery compartment. I'm wondering, who is buying these factors for a private property and worrying so a lot about tampering? I was halfway by way of these laborious directions just before I saw the explanation that, if you do not have a security predicament, you can skip all the enterprise about the locking pins. Phew!
The self-test works as expected, and in two weeks of use, no false alarms so far. I understand that is not a lot feedback for shoppers hoping for longterm outcomes, but I wanted to post this to describe the light function, and the installation instructions. Also note, this is an ionization detector. For the most necessary spot (near the bedrooms) I installed a dual-technologies detector Initially Alert SA302CN Double Sensor Battery-Powered Smoke and Fire Alarm, which has no light but which need to react to any type of fire or smoke. I figure, cover all the bases, which is how the lighted model fits in to the overall plan.
My private bottom line for this one is that the installation is straightforward IF you have ever installed anything on the wall of your household and figure it out. Drill two holes, screw on the base, and the detector slides simply onto the base. You have to make positive the battery goes into its holder in the appropriate position, or the unit will not close up. I like that function, right after getting a bit confused by it at very first.
As for the light: I do not know if it will make a distinction in a accurate fire/smoke emergency, but I like getting it just in case. Presumably the light would drain battery slightly more quickly than the alarm alone, but not by a lot. That's probably why they did not place a brigher lamp in it, so I would not be concerned about the alarm performance. Place it this way: if it detects a genuine fire emergency and goes off, you better be out of the home long prior to the alarm ever drains the battery...
Slight points off for the light being not quite as bright as I expected, and for the instructions needing a bit a lot more clarification. Otherwise I am pleased with it.

Have had now for a year or so. Placed two of these near the stairs(upstairs and basement) in my house to help light the way out in a fire. Placed two others that perform by a numerous mechanism beside these also. The a single close to the basement stairs has gone off twice due to my furnace needing to be cleaned and producing some smoke. The other highly rated one particular beside it did not go off. (Furnace man is getting an F for work). Appears to operate well.
First Alert SA304CN3 Smoke Alarm with Escape Light

Related Product


AAS-V500 Wireless Home Security Alarm System Kit DIY (R)
BRK Brands 9120B Hardwired Smoke Alarm with Battery Backup, Single Individual from Contractor Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment